ChildCareBC Maintenance Fund

By mmuise

The fund is available to assist licensed providers with the costs of addressing necessary repairs or replacing eligible items that are unrelated to routine or regular service. The fund may also help with expenses from relocation costs, if the relocation is required for compliance under the Community Care and Assisted Living Act.

Comments on Funding:


Deadline: Continuous Intake

Applicants must:

  • be not-for-profit licensed child care providers, including:
    a) local governments;
    b) school boards;
    c) health Authorities;
    d) public institutions;
    e) Indigenous governments;
    f) not-for-profit societies;
    g) Indigenous not-for-profit societies.
  • be for-profit licensed child care providers, including:
    a) limited companies;
    b) incorporated companies;
    c) sole proprietors;
    d) partnerships.
  • be required to:
    a) hold a current valid Community Care and Assisted Living Act facility licence and operate a licensed Group Child Care, Multi-Age, School Age on Shool Grounds, or Preschool, or operate a licensed Family Child Care or In- Home Multi-Age Child Care
    b) be in compliance with the Community Care and Assisted Living Act and the Child Care Licensing Regulation
    c) be in receipt of Child Care Operating Funding*
    d) be enrolled or commit to applying for enrolment in the Child Care Fee Reduction Initiative* for all eligible care categories for the current contract term, and adhere to all requirements including fee caps
    e) be in good standing with the ministry
    f) be in good standing with BC Corporate Registry (if applicable)
    g) have not acquired the requested expenses or relocated prior to approval of an Application. In the case of fire or flood, where purchase is required prior to approval, please notify the ministry at immediately with information about the nature of your emergency. Ineligible child care arrangements include:
  • Licence-Not-Required;
  • Registered Licence-Not-Required;
  • Childminding;
  • Recreational care;
  • Occasional child care;
  • Residential care licenses.
Application Steps:


Documentation Needed:


Other Things to Note:


About the author