Community Engagement Support Program

By mmuise
Description:

The Community Engagement Support Program provides financial support during a project’s development, prior to the formal regulatory process for mine construction and operation. Those projects that can demonstrate a meaningful commitment to engage Nunavummiut in a manner that is consistent with community priorities are the ideal applicants.


Comments on Funding:

The maximum contribution is $100,000. Where funding is awarded, 60% of the funding will be provided in advance of proposed activities; the remaining 40% of funding will be withheld until the Final Report and expenses have been approved and verified by the Department.

Deadline: Continuous Intake
Eligibility:

Applicants must:

  • be community organizations,
  • be mineral exploration and junior mining companies, that:
    a) include a draft Community Engagement Plan that considers the communities closest to the project location, identifies potential concerns and benefits, and endeavors to meaningfully engage communities in project planning, monitoring, and reporting;
    b) provide signed authorization by a community organization and the exploration company indicating that they have reviewed and approved the draft Community Engagement Plan;
    c) maximize the use of Nunavut goods and services, including direct employment (these applications will be ranked higher than comparable applications that do not).
Application Steps:

-

Documentation Needed:

-

Other Things to Note:

-

About the author
mmuise